Monday, April 25, 2022

A restricted color palette

 I find using a restricted color palette very challenging. So of course I had to challenge myself!

I started by stamping the Stampers Anonymous Glorious Bouquet onto a card base. The stamp is extremely large, there is some overhang that simply didn't fit in.

I then colored it in with two colors only: Shaded Lilac and Iced Spruce. I have them as refills, it's perfect for watercoloring technique. I filled in the flowers in the center only, leaving the ones along the edges uncolored.



Lastly I matted it with dark forest green, added Glossy Accents on the leaves - which sadly don't show very well in the photo, but it adds such a nice detail.

I am entering this in:

The Alphabet Challenge: B is for Blooms

Inkspirational Challenge: #263 Watercolor    

Color Hues, the color challnge: #39 Purple and Green 

Seize the Birthday: #236 Signs of spring 

The Flower Challenge: #67 Add a heart

7 comments:

  1. I love when background stamps are so intricate that they always produce great results! Pretty card and so happy you played at Color Hues! Have a great day and come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complicated stamps like this look great in the packet but I always struggle to use them, unlike you. Such a great use of the Colour Hues combo, TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful results with this intricate stamp! It's just lovely. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background stamp and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Alice live the design. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s an impressive stamp with lots to color. Elegant and timeless design, just beautiful. Thanks for joining our watercolor challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So many impressive blooms. It's beautiful.We greatly appreciate you entering our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete