Saturday, May 28, 2022

With a touch of gold

Today I am showing a clean and simple card, although I should add that it is not CAS since it's not predominantly empty. (Which I believe is the official requirement.)


I made the background by painting it partially along the right side with a very diluted distress ink. Then I stamped two flowers (Wendy Vecchi), watercolored and fussy cut them. Next came the 'happy birthday' wish, the letters for which I die cut from a gold paper. I adhered them to vellum and pinned it down first, then adhered the flowers so that they sit partially on top and hold that vellum in place.

 entering in:

Use your Stuff: #448 A touch of gold

Card4Gals: Sentiment as focal point

Alphabet Challenge: D is for die-cuts

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes 

Stamping Sensations: AG/ option fauna or flora - entering with the flower option

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birthday card. I like the prominent blooms and how they seem to float on the soft background. The golden sentiment is perfect for the occasion. Such a clever idea to keep it in place by flowers, it really does the trick. I always find vellum difficult to handle because any glue or adhesive tape would shine right through, but with this technique everything looks perfect. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant floral creation, many thanks for sharing and joining our May challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us over at Cardz4Galz.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. I love how you incorporated your gold with the sentiment to offset those lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us at UYS and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very striking card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete