Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A special birthday card

Peace, dear friend, peace.

Do you also find it hard to come up with birthday cards for people who have theirs just before Christmas? I do. The seasonal colors somehow creep in. The recipient likes red, so that was a relief.

I recently got a polka dot embossing folder, I figured it would have many uses. I made the background by wax paper embossing transfer (which might have a better name, if so please let me know in the comments). I emboss a wax paper then iron the wax onto white cardstock. The embossed parts leave wax residue on paper, so when you color it in, you get the pattern.


I colored this background in with Festive Berries and Abandoned Coral oxide inks.

Entering this in challenges that inspired me:

Papercraft Challenges: #88 Polka dots

AAA Birthday: #44 Embossing

Coloring Crazy: #49 AG coloring

Winter Wonderland: End of year anything Christmas goes - this is for an almost-on-Christmas birthday gal

and entering in the lovely NBUS challenge #45 as well, since the embossing folder was Never-Before-Used-Schtuff

5 comments:

  1. such a simple yet gorgeous and elegant card! thanks for sharing it with us on the Papercraft Challenges blog and playing along with our 'polka dots' theme. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking card, love the bright happy colour. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges in 2023. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent results from your wax paper emboss resist, Alice! The CAS design and the color are so pretty! I agree with you about birthdays that are close to Christmas. My grandsons birthdays are on December 20, so I know it's no fun for the people who do. Still, I send so many Christmas cards each year that I sometimes have to put both wishes in one card for friends. I hate to do that, but needs must. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and I love that you've reminded me of this technique! TFS at NBUS

    ReplyDelete