Sunday, December 4, 2022

Red, white and gold

This is a very simple card even though it looks very intricate.


I started with dry embossing a sheet of vellum. I then removed everything that was not embossed, glued it onto a piece of red card stock, embossed the text with gold and placed some die cuts along the lower border (it looked very empty).

I am entering it in these challenges that inspired me and fit the them:

Daring Cardmakers: I was inspired by the colors red white and gold, and the Christmas theme.


Fab and Funky: #562 Die-cuts and/or embossing - I used both

Dream Valley Challenges: #283 Lots of layers - there is the card, the matting, the red base, the vellum and the diecut.

Corrosive Challenge: AG

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: AG

 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely colours and design, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever technique - gives a lovely frosty effect on your card.
    Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love how the embossed vellum looks. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete