Saturday, May 27, 2023

Make a wish on Father's Day

 I make far more feminine cards than cards for males. A few celebrations are coming up so this will be remedied. 

When a dear someone loves fishing the theme of the cards is almost a given. I was heavily inspired by Festive Friday Challenge and picked the prompts 'plaid' (Tim Holtz plaid die), 'blue'  and 'monochrome' to go with the fish (fishing also happens to be one of the prompts, incidentally).

I colored the die-cut plaid in with ac ouple of blue Oxides, then mounted it on black cardstock. 

The fish lie on a bed of silver thread (supposed to mimic a fishing line). I colored them in with markers and popped a drop of shiny accent for their eyes.


Entering in these challenges:


Festive Friday FF#0135 "Fathers Day" - thank you for these lovely prompts!

and its partner Double Trouble Challenge #139 - entering in all three options.

also in:

As You Like It Challenge : My favorite masculine theme is fishing

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Add a sentiment

Make My Monday: #201 Masculine

10 comments:

  1. Alice, your card is so creative! I love how you used the plaid diecut (it looks like a fishing net) and the "fishing line" on your card!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Double Trouble, and our partner, too!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alice, these fish are fabulous! They look great over the plaid, but I love the coloring on the fish especially, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored your die cut plaid and adhered to the black background... striking. And the coloring of the fish... amazing. And the silver thread for the fish lines... creative. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fish are fabulous, Alice! What a great card. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #139.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fishing is the perfect theme for guy cards in my family! Yours turned out so cool and I love that plaid on the black. Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love these gorgeous fish on the plaid background. The silver thread is a fabulous addition. Such a wonderful masculine card. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your coloring is wonderful. I love the mixed colors of the fish! Great job! Thank you for joining the Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at MMMChallenge blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Masculine card. The fish colouring is amazing. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these colourful fish on that darker plaid background. Great card. thank you for joining us for the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete