Sunday, May 28, 2023

What if...

 When I read through challenges I tend to be on the look-out for ideas that can be combined for maximum effect. Today I came upon a few and thought, what if ---?

What if one could do stencil with watercolor and create one's own background with dots or stripes? That's four lovely challenges right there and as I see it, they can only enhance one another and make me go out of my comfort zone. 

I selected a stencil that had both dots and stripes and went to town.


I stamped butterflies with dark blue, colored them in with copics, then stamped the sentiment also in dark blue ("congratulations") and added some clear higlights.


Here is the finished card:


Entering this into the challenges that inspired me to create it:

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Watercolor

Allsorts Challenge: week 730, Use a stencil 

Cards4Galz: #199 Backgrounds

Friendship Challenge. #87 Punkte oder Streifen / Dots or stripes --- I went with both!

Papercraft Challenges: #94 Things with wings

8 comments:

  1. Upea kortti. En englantia ymmärrä, joten kivaa, että laitoit kuvia myös tekovaiheista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Kysy aina jos jotain jää rpäsrelväksi. Kun osallistuu ulkomaan haasteisiin olen luopunut kaksikielisistä postauksista.

      Delete
  2. That´s a wonderful project! I love the butterflies and the colours so much.
    Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fabulous way to to use the stencil. Love the effects and I really want to give it a try! The card is absolutely beautiful!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! You created an amazing background!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've achieved a wonderful effect and a beautiful colour combo too. Makes for a fabulous card. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for combining so many challenges, I find that quite hard to do! Lovely card, the colour as are great and the background really works with the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with Papercraft Challenges. X

    ReplyDelete