Saturday, June 17, 2023

and the living is easy...

 I needed these couple of challenges to snatch me out of my comfort zone. Firstly, I seldom do brights, and secondly, I don't like beach life.

But - that was exactly what was called for. I pulled out my old stamp of a rather bored looking mouse type character. I have had it for ages but actually not used it on greeting cards yet. (On ATC's, yes.) Her neck was too long for my taste so I shortened it drastically. Also drew a new arm so she could hold an ice cream cone.



 

The background was ink blended first (squeezed lemon, twisted citron, salvaged patina) and then sprayed with mica through a stencil. Even though the stencil shows foliage, the result on the card reads water.


I then selected bright summery shades of yellow, orange and hot pink for everything else. (The text reads: Happy times.)


Entering in to the challenges that served as my muse:

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: Lots of layers (I have three)

StencilFun Challenge: use stencil, Optional: layered stencil. - I used only one.

Double Trouble: #140 On a warm summer's day - I am entering with all 3 TWISTS


Color My Heart ColorDare Challenge: #552 - entering in the DT partner challenge as well

Make my Monday: 202 Summer theme

Avenue 613: AG or "Good Old Summertime" - I went with that

Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

  1. Very fun, Alice, and I love your stamp "surgery" to get the look you wanted! Very quirky take on summer! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job altering the stamp image. Love your colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Alice! So clever that you altered your stamped image to suit the occasion. Love the way you created that pretty background, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #140 and Color My Heart Color Dare #552. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the foliage shows up as water! So cool! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your image makes me laugh and quite creative on modifying her and even if you're not beachy that ice cream cone you can't refuse in the Summer. And love the add of the flipflops and that background is perfect for your beach scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute and thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice, you are so creative! I would never have thought to change the neck on the mouse! Also, really like how you created an arm for her so she could hold that very important ice cream cone (and worked in a pair of flip-flops, too)!! Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "On a Warm Summer's Day" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stenciled background and a super fun and creative card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to have a challenge pull us out of our comfort zones! Crazy that you don't like beach life! But you pulled off a cute bright beach card with this and we're glad you shared with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely background you created. Love that you did some stamp surgery to adjust your stamp to suit the theme better. Summer here we come. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete