Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Summer flowers for birthday

 Do you like plain paper or patterned paper for your projects? I would have answered this question with "plain", as I practically never buy patterned paper. Then I started my project and grabbed my favorite papers, made with gelli plate. I had to decide that they were not plain, not even those where I had used one color.  The color creates texture and thus a pattern, and I also use old books as a substrate.

Summer flowers are so pretty, especially those unassuming field flowers. I picked poppy, chicory and a simple nameless flower and stamped them onto some gelli prints, then  heat embossed them with a transparent embossing powder that gives the outline a nice shine.

The background papers are from my snippets box.
 

Entering in:

AsYouLikeIt Challenge: Favorite Patterned or Plain papers (and why) - it would be pattern, but one that I have created myself

Make My Monday: #204 Birthday 

Try It On Tuesday: Summer Blooms

Happy Little Stampers: July Birthday AG

SimonSays Wednesday Challenge: AG 

 

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. So fun, Alice - what a great way to play with color and texture - the total opposite of "plain" lol. Love how these flowers came out! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful vibrant flowers - a great make and thanks for sharing with us at TIOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created a gorgeous background for your lovely flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at AYLI Challenge this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. The flowers are gorgeous and the background is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete