Friday, July 28, 2023

Under the sea

 Today I was exploring whether I can make a sketch from a (non-CAS) challenge to work for CAS birthday card. I took color inspiration from another challenge and this is what I got:

I used watercolor to paint the lines, and my Creative Depot whimsical fish stamps. (I just love when stamps run in both directions!)

Entering it in the challenges that inspired me:

Cupcake Inspirations: #574 Color challenge 

Try Stamping on Tuesday: #TSOT616 Sketch

Less Is More: #448 Theme: Under the sea

also entering in:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes  

 

Thank you for your visit!

 

9 comments:

  1. Super make, love the "waves" as part of the sketch too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card design.
    Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Revati
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! What cute little fish, and you made it perfectly CAS!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, how clever to use the paints for the horizontal element in our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge! I agree, too many stamp sets have the fish going all in the same direction, so I have stamps that feature both directions in my stash since 2002!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea to interpret the sketch - love the drawn lines to represent the stripes. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and perfect for our colour inspiration challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of challenges and your interpretation of our theme. Thanks for joining us at Less is More :)
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! thank you playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete