Wednesday, July 26, 2023

A "copperplate illustration"

 I  have wanted to make an old-fashioned botanical "copperplate illustration" for some time. I put it in quotes, because I am using stamps and not doing any copperplate or other drawing. That style just speaks to me.

There were a couple of challenges that I followed for guidance, mainly because copperplate botanicals are a vast subject and I have a vast amount of stamps. I also included a couple of printed papers in my composition. I stamped a nice selection of images and embossed all with clear embossing powder.

The finished card was kept to a tight color palette of olive and berry (with some variation). I looked for a way to include "a cluster of three" as prompted in one challenge. Can you spot it?

Entering in the challenges that made this stamped and collaged card happen:

Color Hues: #TCH#68 Olive and Berry 

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: #9 AG flowers/ optional moodboard - I chose to go less tropical than the mood board

TioT: Pretty papers

Use Your Stuff: #489 A three item cluster

Festive Friday: Floral delights

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty and fun collage of items. I love the way the dots bring your eyes back in so you can focus on the flowers, butterflies, etc... Thanks for joining us at Color Hues for our Olive and Berry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is perfection. I adore this look....so much interest. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, love how you've used the pretty papers.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete