Saturday, November 18, 2023

It's cold outside

 First snow arrived today - how beautiful. Of course it prompted me turn to some challenges for inspiration. I found a few, and as a result I am combining the winter theme with a wintry-christmassy critter.

The background has been run through my Sizzix with neat method that combines wax paper, an embossing folder and follows up with a hot iron and some colors. I am not sure from whom I learned about it, but it was on Youtube. The deer is stamped, the snowflakes and text have been die cut. I find a deer perfect for wintertime cards, it has that woodsy feel (unlike reindeer that dwells in the treeless Lapland).


 

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

TioT: Baby it's cold outside

Traumfabrik: #122 "Elliot the little reindeer" Anything that is Christmassy or wintry and features a reindeer or a stag - I chose a deer

Stamping Sensations: Get ready for Christmas My text reads "Merry Christmas"

As You Like It: Favorite Christmas critter (and why?)  I chose a deer for reasons above

Use Your Stuff: #479 Winter or snow

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love your happy little deer! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet Christmas card Alice, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and the little Deer is a perfect character at We Love Stamping Challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful wintery card with the sweet deer and lovely die cuts, thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little reindeer has many funb in the snow!!! Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful christmas card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Alice. Lovely scene. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete