Saturday, December 16, 2023

Gnome greetings

When you have a good idea you better make the most of it. Yesterday I made a magical Christmas card, today I needed a male greeting card - so I thought: what if I used the same idea, but changed up things a bit?


Here's what I changed. Instead of the ballerina cat I stamped a friendly figure which I then dressed up to be a Christmas gnome. Instead of using a stencil for falling snow I used an embossing folder with fir boughs. Instead of stamping the sentiment I hand wrote it.

What stayed the same: The general layout and the use of greenery.


I used my markers to color everything, and the metallic dots are both silver and gold. I love to use mixed metals in my work whenever possible.

Entering in these challenges that served as my inspiration and guideline:

613 Avenue Create: AG/ twist: any winter holiday - I go with this option

Aud Sentiments Challenge: Winter/New Year + embossing folder

Cardz 4 Gyuz: Elves or gnomes

Colorful Options: Silver and gold

Passion for Markers: #719 Add a sentiment 

Girlz Make Guyz Cards: AG male card (alles mag mannenkaart)

Thank you for your visit! If you take time to comment, please know that I appreciate it very much and love hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Girlz Makes Guyz Cards Challenge Blog.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Colorful Options with this super fun card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little guy is hilarious! Love the background too, thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun Christmas card and this little character is so cute. That embossing folder is fab too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in our GIRLZ MAKES GUYZ CARDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun Christmas card!! Love the textured background...that embossing folder is fantastic!! Your silly little gnome perfect for our “Gnome or Elf” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #C4G337

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fun! I love how you've made everything unique. I especially love your background. Thanks for playing along in our MEGA CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE at Passion for Markers!
    Good luck!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgous Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Makes Guyz Cards
    Wauw,super tof Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Makes Guyz Cards
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so different and lots of fun. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card thanks for sharing at PFM and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete