Wednesday, January 31, 2024

#woodblockstamps

 Woodblock stamps - you gotta give them some love. I still have quite a few from my early days of paper crafting. They are beautiful - but as they are stored in a box it is difficult to remember what I own. I was overjoyed to find a challenge that will, hopefully, activate my usage.

Today I picked a large heart stamp as my focal point. I can't remember when I used it last. It has no markings anywhere, so I don't know whom it is by.


 I stamped the giant love-heart onto a piece of card stock that I had brayered with acrylic paints in a few colors, resulting into a marbled look. The stamping was done in Versafine ink (in turq) which was then embossed with a clear embossing powder. I selected a pink matting layer to go with both the theme (love) and the other stamped items.

For challenge purposes, the bird was stamped with hero Arts Color layering stamp set CM552, the text says "hugs".

Entering this in the following challenges that I used as my guideline:

Allsorts Challenge: #765 Anything but square

Stay Crafty with a blog named Hero: Something old is new again - for me it's the use of mixed media

Stamping Sensations: Mood board - I was inspired by red, pink and birds

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Have a heart

#Woodblock Wednesday January challenge

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Alice, this is so gorgeous. I'm so happy that you've found my little challenge - Woodblock Wednesday. Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous I love how you have done the background and that Robin is wonderful thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I love the bird and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really marvelous use of color!! I love the bird and heart together. A happy card that made me smile. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautifully designed card, love the bird and great choice of colors! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful mixed media card! Thank you for joining our stay crafty with a blog named hero challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore how you framed the bird with that heart background!!!! Just so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the word art stamp as the backdrop to a sweet bird!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete