Friday, February 2, 2024

Moonshadow

 This text stamp must be one of my oldest stamps, I must have bought it around 2007 when I started paper crafting. It is a poem,  but I have no idea if it is by somebody or whether they just made it up at the stamp company. (There is no maker on the wood block.) Yes! It is on a wooden block. I recently pulled out my box of wooden stamps - they are too easily forgotten.


I created the background using distress oxides and water, then stamping a bit of texture in form of hazy clouds. The moon phases were cut up from a gelli print.


Entering this into these great challenges that served as my muse:

Retro Rubber Challenge: #rrcb223 Winter blue ombré    RRCB 223

The Paper Players : #PP674 Sketch

 #woodblockwednesday: January challenge 

TioT: Add some text

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: AG

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Alice! I so love the effect of oxide backgrounds - such rich and varied coloration! Lovely moons, and wow on that sentiment! Perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun mix of challenges! Love your gorgeous project.
    Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Your card is beautiful. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background, love your card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete