Thursday, February 8, 2024

Tea for two

 When I sit down to my desk I never know what I am going to make. Today I was playing with three prompts in my mind: romance - pink - heart.

Tea can be a very romantic moment, perhaps early on when you are just getting to know each other. A passing moment, no-committal but getting more intimate when tea is being served, discussion becoming more animated. Fine porcelain cups and a nicely thrown pot underline the ambience.

 

These thoughts formed my starting point. To get to the finished card I selected suitable gelli printed papers and used those for background and the tea service, stamped some ethereal dog rose for the background and hand lettered the sentiment ("tea for two").

I am entering it into these challenges that inspired me today:

We Love Stamping: Romance (or AG)

Colourful Options: Pink

Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Hearts 

The Flower Challenge: #88 Add a heart

Addicted to Stamps and More: #461 Make your mark

9 comments:

  1. A so well thought and constructed card, love the paper pieced teapot and cups with the added hearts, and the flowers are so sweet. Beautiful palette!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,great gelli print background and love the paper pieced teapot and cups..Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Carol DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely fusion of warm colours with some hearts for Romance as well, many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Your background and layering are perfect. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge.🎨🩷🌈 Cheers, Makira

    I would like to invite you to join us at our sister challenge: https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ as tea cup rides are found in parks world wide. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Alice! I love your card but enjoyed reading your process just as much! You have a way with words and mixed media design. Love the Dogwood flowers and your sweet little tea set with all those darling hearts!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge - hope to see you again!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely this is I like how you were inspired to create this with your thoughts on sharing a cuppa I never thought a cup of tea could be so romantic the colours and your design are superb thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I'm in awe of how you started with three prompts and created that! Amazing work. I love the background and the pretty die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete