Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Color with embossing

 I have watched many videos on how to apply color to embossed paper. Now that I was actually ready to try it my brain was totally blank. This is why I can't say in whose video I saw this idea - and where to find it.


So,  I started with a white embossed paper, turned it over to the reverse, de-bossed side. As I had a monochrome result in my mind I went rough over the whole sheet with an ink cube. I wanted to catch the background, not the flowers per se, but it was a nice surprise that even the flowers took color.


Then I went over some parts that hadn't caught the first time. Lastly I took a finger dauber and filled in softly some of the de-bossed parts. I used Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberries and Ripe Persimmon.

A simple vellum tag holds the heat embossed greeting.

 

Entering this in these lovely challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lots of texture

TioT: Emboss it! - I used dry and heat embossing here

Allsorts Challenge: Week 782 AG or a Blast from the past - I went with AG 

Creative Crafting Uncles: #53 Monochrom - I went with reds

Can You Handle The Pressure: AG wit a twist of fruits and veggies - I went with AG

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully done and in lush colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is just beautiful!! Sadly, I have yet to try this technique, and you are right, we see it everywhere. You have inspired me, I must get on the wagon. LOVE your colors, and the vellum behind the greeting is perfect. Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, I hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out Beautiful! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous embossing folder and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love these 3D embossing folder ... make for such a striking creation! You did a marvelous job and love your choice of colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card and I love the Embossing folder you used, it works so well with your colour choice. It's a great technique and one I haven't used for a long time, so thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great embossing! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete