Sunday, June 2, 2024

Woodblock flowers

 It's that time of month again - yes, time to show those wood block stamps some love. Always slow to get ideas I took a look at some challenges to see what I could pair wood block stamps with. And I found polka dots and circles, and that let me select these solitary flower stamps.


The background was done with two stencils on a gelli plate. The flowers were stamped with purple and brown inks on some previous tries to paint flowers with watercolor (which did not work for me - but I could use it anyway, hooray for that!). The text says: Hugs.


Entering this card in these lovely challenges that inspired me today:

Woodblock Wednesdays: May Edition

Everybody Art Challenge: #558 Circles and / or stripes - I did circles

Double D Challenge: Polkadots

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes 

and my 2nd entry for Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lots of texture

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, all the elements are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! A beautiful combination of this amazing background and these different floral elements. The colors you used really go together beautifully and I love this brown craft paper as a base.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful project with the current Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see these old woodblock stamps. I have quite a lot of them, too. Your card turned out just beautiful with a very artsy look to it. I'm glad our Polka Dot challenge at Double D was one that helped inspire you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete