Friday, July 24, 2026

I need some vitamin sea

 Today's card was inspired by a trip to the seaside. Add to that a color palette - and I knew exactly what I wanted to create.

I had recently purchase a beachy set of rub-ons. I didn't need much else, just a pan of metallic watercolor and a sentiment stamp.


I rubbed three images onto a cardboard, then fussy cut them out and mounted them with foam strips. I painted a few lines to give the scene some 'vitamin sea' and stamped the sentiment. The sentiment is a tricky one to translate, 'longing for the sea' sounds about right.

 

Entering this into these lovely challenges that served as my guide today:

The Paper Players: #795 Going to the Beach / CAS

 

CAS Colours and Sketches: #590 Colour challenge

 

Allsorts: #854 At the seaside 

613 Avenue Create: AG / Any holiday optional. I am playing AG 

11 comments:

  1. A perfect beach themes card for our Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute scene you've created with just a bit of watercolor and cute little beach houses! I've always wanted one like that. So fun and perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for joining in with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic scene!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THese little beach houses are adorable! Sweet little scene you created with the water too! Love it! Thanks for playing with my challenge at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable "beachy" card! The beach houses are so cute and colorful, and I LOVE the sentiment. It's a perfect Clean and Simple card. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice your trio of beach houses is just lovely - so many fine details. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players and CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely group of beach huts! The colour really help evoke the beachside. Thanks for joining in with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your little beach huts, Alice! And the watercoloured sea sets the scene perfectly, while staying CAS. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty!!! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete