Monday, August 24, 2026

Dragon care

 Today I got inspired by colors, quirky characters and the call for distressed paper (but make it cute). Let's see...

This is what I pulled out. I haven't used this dragon mama for ages (if ever?) I bought it in a charity shop last year and have no idea of the maker, sorry. I also selected the pencils to match the color inspiration. That picture (see below) has also waves, and this inspired me to grab a piece of corrugated cardboard, as this would also answer to the call for distressed paper. The die cuts from my ready stash are lined up, too, as is my sentiment stamp collection. Not shown is the roll of lace paper which I grabbed later.

 

I started by stamping and coloring the dragon mama and her baby, then I fussy cut it. (I love my Cutter bee scissors for that, they go snip-snap and the cut is ready in no time.) I then glued the piece of corrugated cardboard in place and flicked some color around the card (Abandoned coral). 



Then I placed a piece of paper lace onto it, twirled a bit of linen thread and placed the dragon on top. I selected two die cuts, and placed the sentiment between the die cuts and the dragon's head. It reads: I will always be there for you.

Entering this in these inspiring challenges:

Pinspirational: #340 Jade and peach

 

Conjurer of Dreams: #23 Quirky characters & Anything goes - I'd like to think this dragon is quirky!

Let's Craft and Create: #234 AG+ Distressed paper

Creative Moments: #285 Make it cute 

Daisy Chain Challenge: #110 Animals

Kleuren met potloden: Augustus alles mag /AG August

Critter Crazy: #113 AG with featured critter(s) 

No comments:

Post a Comment