I know it now: I am no speed crafter. My cards take time to make. And if I make them hastily I am not happy about the result. But let's back track...
It all started with the prompt to make a card in 10 minutes or less. The planning time is not included, nor is the time for gathering supplies and getting them ready. The theme was 'crafting'. Crafting? I have no crafting-related stamps nor dies. Then I thought of a palette. Surely I could fashion one. And a brush to make it a set.
A second challenge gave me the idea for the layout: make a wreath. I selected a stamp (by Mu Lifestyle, Japan) that would be fast to cut out, markers and neutral colored papers for the brush.
I set my clock. Then I stamped the half-round watercolor pans. While the ink was drying I cut out the three pieces of a paint brush. I have no die for this, so I followed the shape of my own brush and cut it freehand. Meanwhile the ink was dry and I could paint each pan with one of the selected markers and cut them out.
It took quite some time to get the pans to lie symmetrically. Then came the sentiment (TH Small Talk) and lastly I glued on the brush. Stop the clock - 10 minutes 30 seconds.
Entering this in these challenges that inspired me today:
As You See It: #379 Hastened Handicrafts
The Pick 3 Challenge: #8 My choices were stamping- wreath- orange
4-Season challenge: #107 Een stelletje (a pair) - My pair is watercolors+brush
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #284 AG
.jpeg)
.jpeg)



No comments:
Post a Comment