The starting point for today's card was the prompt 'use envelopes'. This was the nudge I needed to get out the stash of envelopes I have been meaning to work with... some day. The second challenge that led my way was a sketch and the third one was the theme 'nature'.
This was my desk when I started: circular dies, pressed flowers and windowed envelopes. (It was that glassine window I wanted to work with!)
I didn't need much in terms of paper, a few remnants from an earlier used sheet were enough. I cut the circles twice and glued the bottom one on one envelope window, then applied some glue onto the flower and pressed it against the glassine. Then I glued another envelope window on top, waited till everything was dry and cut the circles out very neatly. Lastly I glued the purple circle on top of this floral sandwich.
I placed the circles according to the sketch I was using, the smallest is raised with a foam strip. The sentiment comes from a bird collection (via Creative Stamping magazine), but I found it suited the rather poetic mood of this card.
Entering this in these wonderful challenges:
Little Red Wagon: #870 Card plus / Use an envelope
Freshly Made Sketches: #748
Simply Clean & Simple: #SCAS August AG w/ option Nature - I am playing with this option
Just Us Girls: #835 AG w/ die cuts
Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge: #129 AG mm
and as I used snippets/ remnants today I am showing this in the
Snippets Playground: #538 AG






A lovely composition for this pretty floral card.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. xxx