Thursday, August 6, 2026

Hello friend

 The Card Chain is a monthly event and this card has reached its recipient already (hello to Gail in Norway!). I worked closely with the given sketch suggestion and color palette option yellow-pink-kraft and with the word 'pet'. 

These were my supplies. I decided to use my favorite, but very neglected crackling texture paste. (Last time must have been over two years ago!) I love its texture, but it is somewhat problematic on greeting cards, especially on one-layered card like this, because it tends to crumble at the edges. The cracks are divine, though.


I started by masking off four narrow panels directly on the card front, as per the given sketch. I then stenciled the crackle paste turning the stencil very once in a while for a more dynamic appearance. When it has dried up completely I used watercolor to make it yellow.

I cut a circle in pink and placed the stamped and colored dog over it. I stamped the sentiment in the free spaces between the stenciled bits. Lastly I added a black twig that I had on hand.

 

Entering this in the following challenges:

The Neglected Stuff: August

Stencil Fun: August AG stencil/ make it CAS style (optional) I am playing with AG.

Critter Crazy: #113 August AG w/a critter 

The sign-up for Card Chain for August is open still today - won't you join us?

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Looks great - especially that fab dog, what a character!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... fabulous & fun!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff & Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
    NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE
    Stencil Fun Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fabulous is this? Very! I like your elements, texture and the hot pink. So glad you shared your doggy with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background, Alice and that dog is just adorable - love his expression!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixed media card for CCC Alice, I’m sure Gail loved it! Love the expression on the dog’s face.

    ReplyDelete