Sunday, August 2, 2026

Peacock love greetings

 Today's card is a CASE - copy and selectively edit - card. My inspiration came from the challenge DT member Elisabeth (link). Her card reminded me of peacock's feathers.

I pulled out the supplies I thought I needed.  I wanted to keep the colors and the background. The block of different lattice backgrounds seemed such a useful one when I bought it - what, two years ago - and this is my first time using it. The peacock die is a recent win from the challenge world.

 

The lattice was backed with blue, and because it was smaller than my card base I added a back frame which I partially stitched on. (Look at the top right and both bottom corners - I used black thread so it  is barely visible.)

The peacock was cut out of dark blue paper and it's feathers from three other papers. I decorated the green feathers with iridescent heart shaped sequins. As it didn't stand out from the background I added a shadow outline with vellum. I also stamped the sentiment on vellum with yellow ink and embossed it.

 

 Entering this in these inspiring challenges:

Just Us Girls: #834 Case a DT week


Simon Says Monday Challenge: Stitch it 

MMM: #283 Wedding / Love wishes

Little Red Wagon: #869 One thing

Creative Fingers: #327 AG August

and because this was the first time I used the lattice block and the peacock die, I am showing my card at

NBUS: #89 August line-up 


 

6 comments:

  1. Your colors and peacock theme are a great CASE of Elizabeth's wonderful card! Those feathers in the peacock's tail are great! Thank you for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peacock and colours, combined, are a fabulous take on Elizabeth's card. So creative! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I really like the bold colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice... love your peacock! Thank you for casing me! Peacocks invite the best color combination... thank you for sharing this beauty with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful take on Elizabeth's card Alice. Your peacock is stunning and I love the rich colours.Thanks for sharing with us over at Just Us Girls challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put so much work into this sensational design, Alice, and it is stunning! I love the colors and how you added the stitching and the vellum! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete