Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Woodland greetings for your big day

 I had so much fun casing a card two days ago (here) so I wanted to try another one. A couple of challenges are also playing nicely together and I could use the prompts as an inspiration for my card.

The supplies looked like this:


And the project I am casing comes from the most recent SU catalogue (pg. 34-35)

Now, I changed quite a bit and kept much the same. I changed the background to reflect the dark paper seen on the left page. I omitted the flowers as I wanted this to be a woodland scene, but I kept the arrangement, the bottom strip and the bow for the sentiment strip.

I started by embossing an alcohol ink print using black Versafine for the background portions. It never gives me full coverage, so I painted the missing bits over with a dark green marker. I then die cut the foliage in three shades of green and stamped and colored the fern, then fussy cut it.

The sentiment was tied with flax twine. It reads "Many happy returns".


Entering this in these challenges that were my inspiration today:

Time Out Challenges: #318 Mother Nature

 

Inspire. Create. Challenge: #212 CASE a card

 

CYHTP: AG /Celebration (use an embossing folder) Going with 'Celebration' option

Paper Rock Scissors: #19 AG - plenty of paper, scissors for the tail of the sentiment strip

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Happy Birthday 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment