It has come time to say farewell to summer. A cold spell and hefty winds have made a seasonal wardrobe change a necessity, and with that, a seasonal change in colors I'm using. How do oranges, deep greens, pale grass browns and bright pinks suddenly feel so comforting and right?
I noticed a couple of inspiring challenges that were in this vein, and gathered my supplies. The dies are by several makers: Marianne Design, Gummiapan, Elisabeth Design and Spellbinders. The stamp is a new acquisition from Papertrey Ink.
The background was created by using an aperture of a die cut. I used it as a stencil and dabbed Old Paper trough it, creating a dome. It needed grounding. I die cut just the top half of the same dome and flipped it for the bottom.
Then I assembled the branches. I left this without a sentiment, as I it is for no special occasion and I am going to fill the inside anyway.
Entering this in these wonderful challenges:
Time Out: Seasonal Colors where you live - see my explanation above
Tic-Tac-Toe: tttc#302 - My row is diagonal orange - free - pink. 'free' stands for 'other colors'
Allsorts: #859 Anything autumn
Inspiration Station: #89 Inspiration photo - Lovely colors! I wish our world was as colorful as the photo, but no, our colors are more subdued.
Nachteulen / Nightowls: #65 Herbstlich bunt







Liebe Alice,
ReplyDeleteeine wunderschöne herbstliche Karte zeigst Du uns Nachteulen. Danke dafür.Mir gefallen die vielen unterschiedlichen Zweige. Ich hoffe, wir können Dich bei der nächsten Challenge wieder begrüßen.
Liebe Grüße, Flo
We have then same change in weather, the sun still shines at times but the wind so cold. A lovely Autumnal creation perfect for our new Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining us.
ReplyDeleteB x
Some lovely autumnal colours here, perfect for the current theme at Allsorts. Thank you for sharing this with us
ReplyDeleteA beautiful autumnal creation, Alice. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Autumn option. We’re still hanging on to a little bit of summer here, but the evening are getting dark much earlier.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Alice, your beautiful card shouts autumn! The leaves are lovely with the varied paterns and textures and rich colors. I love the way you created the oblong shape for your background. We are happy you've joined us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!
ReplyDeleteThis is a simply beautiful autumn card. The pretty mix of foliage is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely Autumn themed card! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we appreciate your support!
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
Gorgeous Autumn leaves and I love the card design! Thanks for sharing at Time Out:)
ReplyDelete