Saturday, September 26, 2026

Christmas greetings

 A sketch led me to think of Christmas and two other challenges reinforced the feeling in me: it's time for another Christmas card, as I don't have nearly enough yet... I have made just nine so far.

I pulled out my trusty snowflake dies, glittery card stock and glitzy little bits and pieces.

 

I die cut three snowflakes and arranged them on top of another, but not before I had cut a strip of vellum and stamped it with "Christmas greetings" which I then embossed as the drying time on vellum was more than I had time for.

 

Lastly came the shiny bits, one of them even has a snowflake design on it which I count as bonus.

Entering this in these inspiring challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches: #755 Sketch

 

As You See It: #382 Christmas is a-Coming ... My number is 9

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas in September

Craft Rocket Challenges: #140 Use dies

8 comments:

  1. So, how many have you made so far?? This is darling, and don't forget to "fill in the blank!" True confession time, Allice, lol! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I must have read badly, I didn't realize we were supposed to. But now I edited and added my number.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! You can't go wrong with gorgeous snowflakes. The embossed sentiment is a nice touch but I think it's that dark background that really lets the snowflakes shine. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This snowflake stack is such a great way to use the sketch. Really lovely! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The three different sized snowflake dies are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sparkly snowflakes look great against the dark background Alice - another card for your growing festive stash! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These snowflakes are just lovely! What gorgeous colors and papers you've used! Thanks for playing with our challenge at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those elegant, shimmery snowflakes are real scene stealers! Lovely colours, too! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete