I am a guest designer for this fortnight over at Girlz Creative: Splash it with Color. Today's card is all about gelli plate fun. The leaves haven't turned yet where I live, but it is nice to live in anticipation.
I selected a couple of autumn colors, a few stencils and a couple of stamp sets with leaves. And since fall - for me - is a joyous time, I added some celebratory gold thread; but also brown, to ground it.
I started by making just three sheets. I know I know, once you start it is nearly impossible to stop. I limited myself beforehand to just three. Even if they would not have been to my liking I would have made something. But luckily one was just perfect for the background and the other two were suitable for stamping.
To bring more shimmer and shine to the card (besides the gold thread), I heat embossed the stamped leaves with transparent embossing powder. It totally transforms the dull brown ink.
I propped the two leaves flanking the sentiment on foam strips and arranged the threads as a whirlwind underneath. The other leaves were just strewn below.
I am entering this in these autumnal challenges:
Die Traumfabrik: #154 Quand vient l'automne [When Fall is coming]: Autumn colors and/ or mushrooms - I am playing with just the colors
Cardz 4 Guyz: #390 Fall / autumn theme colors
Creative Inspirations: Hello Autumn
Addicted to Stamps and More: #526 Make your mark
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Make your own background


.jpeg)
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment