Tuesday, September 22, 2026

"Each passing year...

... makes you more wonderful". That's a sentiment stamp I have and I find the message beautiful. Today I wanted to use it on my card. I looked for challenges that would help me in my effort and found some terrific ones. (Listed at the end.)

First I gathered my supplies: a background stamp with wood grain pattern, a flower planter and some sort of metallic band found on the street.

 

I started by preparing the background. I ink blended a strip with soft colors that were repeated in the planter lady. Then I ink smudged a piece of paper with a couple of brown acrylics and stamped the woodgrain pattern onto it.

Now it was time to add markers and color the lady. 

 

Lastly I wove the metallic band through the foliage. I attached everything with foam strips. 

 

 Entering this in these inspiring challenges:

Tic-Tac-Toe: #TTTC301 - I selected the row on the left: Woodgrain - Ink blending - metal embellishment

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Make your own background

Stamps + Fun= Creativity: #502 Text

Shopping Our Stash: #582 Who's Who

A Perfect Time to Craft: September Open challenge 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun image, Alice! A nicely put together birthday card. Thanks for joining us at TTT this round for my option block. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete