If there has ever been a sentiment that I don't understand, it is this. Animals don't send cards, nor do we have AI friends or robots who would send us cards. And the technology is not so advanced yet (if it ever will be, beware!), that non-humans would send us greeting cards. So why?!
Nonetheless, I have such a sentiment as part of a set. And today was the first day in my personal history, ever, that I would consider using it, by proxy of a very flustered bird who might have forgotten someone's birthday.
I selected the bird, because it is a brand new (to me) stamp and I have been itching to use it. It suited fine for a couple of challenges.
I stamped the bird onto the card base, then drew three circles (as per a sketch), one around the bird and two smaller ones. I then applied GT watercolors onto everything. The special feature of Gansai Tambi watercolors is that they can be applied opaque, almost like gouache, and then again watery, like aquarelle. I used opaque for the background and more watery for the bird itself. I kept everything in two colors only, pink and brown.
Entering this card in these challenges I was inspired by:
Hand Stamped Sentiments: #497 Sketch
Sweet Stamping: CAS
Addicted to Stamps and More: #317 Circles
Girlz Creative Color: #30 Bruin en/ of roos - Brown and/or pink
NBUS: #90 September






No comments:
Post a Comment