Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Greetings from forest

 Several challenges were calling my name today: a sketch, a color prompt, a word prompt, a call for layers and a die-cut. Well, then!

I laid out the supplies I wanted to use:


The blue background is a cyanotype. I tried to make some cool designs earlier in August, but most of them did not go as planned.

 

Their backside is actually nice, too. And this is what I used.

 

I started by cutting a cyanotype to size, then darkening the edges where some of the depth had been lost through cutting. I die cut the twig and leaves from gelli prints. The large leaf is a left-over from years ago - yes, I am good in hoarding stuff.

I then stamped the mushroom set and colored it in with my markers. Lastly I arranged everything according to sketch and stamped a zig zag stitch along the edges. (My sewing machine could not have handled this cyanotype paper!)

 

I am entering this in the challenges that I was inspired by today:

The Paper Funday Challenge: #91 AG / Sketch - I am playing with the sketch

 

Passion for Markers: #853 Stitching, real or faux - I am going with faux

Just Add Ink: #793 Colour Inspiration

 

Creative Knockouts: #578 Lots of layers

Classic Design Challenge: #8-2026 ATG/ Use die cuts - I am playing with the die cut option


 

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful effect using so many techniques. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the background is ethereal and mushrooms are the perfect Autumn addition to this scene. Great use of the sketch too! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a work of art! I love how you've used our inspiration pic to create this stunning Alice. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the background technique you have used......I remember doing this when I was at school!! The end result is fabulous!! Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete