I did not set out to make a Halloween card per se, but now I am glad I did.
It all started with stencils and sprays.
To build up texture I used more stencils and 'Aged silver' embossing enamel (Stampendous).
I wanted a grungy look, so I stenciled black gesso onto the card, then poured the enamel over and heat embossed it.
To complete the card I found die cuts of a gigantic star and two cats that I had received from my crafting friends. Never knew what to use them for, but today was apparently the day - I was aided in my thinking process by a couple of challenges.
I cut out the bats from black card stock and arranged everything. I printed out the sentiment.
Entering this in the challenges that inspired me today:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Add some texture
TioT: Emboss it
Archiscraps: Use a large star as a feature
Craft Rocket: #140 Use dies
As You Like It: Favorite Halloween colors - and why? - Mine is anything with purple, be it yellow, orange, black, even green.
Creative Artiste Mixed media: #130 Anything MM goes






Amazing how we start out not making a particular card and end up with something we like. A lovely creation with lots of different techniques. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine
ReplyDeleteA great card and the embossed background looks stunning
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril
Thanks for entering at Archiscraps. Love all that textured background.
ReplyDeleteSpooktacular halloween card, love the paint embossed detail, using the black really adds dimension and depth to it. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month
ReplyDelete