I was inspired to try combine materials that have a different vibe. To explain: gelli prints are casual, gold thread and rhinestones are pure luxury. Would the combination read like an festive evening gown with trainers? Or like ice cream with spinach?
Of course I was inspired by several challenges, again. I challenged myself to try Gelli prints, gold thread and rhinestones and see what could be made out of them.
I started by stamping flowers on select parts of gelli prints. because they were made with acrylic and thus it is doubtful whether the ink would ever dry, I treated the stampings with clear embossing powder and heat embossing. This gave them some beautiful shine. I then proceeded to fussy cut them and arranged them inspired by a sketch. I also added the rhinestones.
I then took a length of gold thread, doubled it up and stitched the flowers: one cross stitch for the smaller ones and lots more for the large flower.
Entering this in these inspiring challenges:
Festive Friday: FF0218. - I picked 'Jewel tones - gold thread - rhinestones - stitching'
Just Add Ink: 794 Sketch
Just Us Girls: #840 Word week: BOld
Seize the Birthday: #334 Add a sentiment strip






No comments:
Post a Comment