Monday, September 14, 2026

Gelli prints and rhinestones

I was inspired to try combine materials that have a different vibe. To explain: gelli prints are casual, gold thread and rhinestones are pure luxury. Would the combination read like an festive evening gown with trainers? Or like ice cream with spinach?

Of course I was inspired by several challenges, again. I challenged myself to try Gelli prints, gold thread and rhinestones and see what could be made out of them.

I started by stamping flowers on select parts of gelli prints. because they were made with acrylic and thus it is doubtful whether the ink would ever dry, I treated the stampings with clear embossing powder and heat embossing. This gave them some beautiful shine. I then proceeded to fussy cut them and arranged them inspired by a sketch. I also added the rhinestones.

 

I then took a length of gold thread, doubled it up and stitched the flowers: one cross stitch for the smaller ones and lots more for the large flower. 

 

Entering this in these inspiring challenges:

Festive Friday: FF0218. - I picked 'Jewel tones - gold thread - rhinestones - stitching'

 

Just Add Ink: 794 Sketch

 

 Just Us Girls: #840 Word week: BOld

Seize the Birthday: #334 Add a sentiment strip



 

7 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Alice! Such a vibrant and creative project. Thanks for joining us and sharing at Just Add Ink. Nikki-JAI DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bold floral colors are so pretty! The gold stitching is a wonderful detail that is unique! Thank you for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice, just seen your comment, I haven't received any e.mail from you. Did you use the address/link on Allsorts/We Love Stamping/TagAlong sidebars?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderfully creative card. I love the almost vintage feel of the flowers and that background is fabulous. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so glamorous Alice! I love your choice of colours and the gold stitching and rhinestones make your card details stand out beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The different media combined to create something gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and beautiful! I love how you used your gelli prints. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete