Monday, September 28, 2026

Late roses

 I have been on a quest to use my old and neglected stuff. I confess, I like to make backgrounds, but then not use them. I stash them away, thinking there will be a time when something will come handy - but it rarely does. Because it is too interesting to make new backgrounds ... and so it goes.

Today I pulled out backgrounds which I made two years ago. Two years. Made out of strips of old book pages and a few other remnants that I had collected.

 

When I was looking for an image, a stamp fell into my line of vision: a Santoro girl that I had purchased well before Covid, but never used since. The colors went nicely and I knew I could create the same-ish colors. It was an inspiring match.

I stamped the girl and the rose garland and colored both in. To get the dreamy look and delicate shading I worked with colored pencils.

 

After fussy cutting I arranged both onto the word strip card base. I had to cover a boo-boo with a separate flower, but I think it looks rather natural. The sentiment will go inside.

Entering this in these nice challenges:

Girlz Creative: Splash it with Color: #31 Bruin en/ of oranje


 

I Spy with My Little Eye: #41 Added text (background or sentiment)

Kleuren met potloden: September alles mag

The Neglected Stuff: September AG - the stamp and the background were heavily neglected

Creative Knockouts: September 17 AG 

8 comments:

  1. wat a beautiful card with the cute digi and nice details
    thanks for joinig us at kleuren met potloden
    xxx Ellen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your delightful make over at Kleuren met potloden whilst I've been a Guest Designer

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative a fabulous background, great way to use your neglected stuff!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great creation!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Kleuren Met Potloden.
    Greetings Annie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat heb jij een mooie kaart gemaakt, zeg. Echt tof!!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Creative: Splash it with Color!
    Awesome card Thanks for playing atGirlz Creative: Splash it with Color!

    Creative Hugs & Happy Crafting!

    Claudia
    Claudia's Kaartjes

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a very nice card with the "old" background and the unused stamp. Thank you for participating our challenge at Kleuren met Potloden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, such a gorgeous image and fun background! Thanks so much for sharing at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!

    ReplyDelete