Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Recycled goodies

I decided to tackle my pile of paint chips again. They are great to have for color variety, but too much is too much. 

There is a die set that I have been coveting for two years now, "Boho vases" by Altenew. (Google it if interested.) Today I had the brilliant idea of trying to make my lantern dies work for the purpose. I don't used them nearly enough. (Lastly used them here.)

 

So I selected six paint chips, three for vases and the other three for their insides, since the lantern have holes which need to be covered. I also used some green chips and a piece of scrap for the leaves. I die cut the lanterns and just snipped the tops and bottoms away.

To ground the vases I took off cut strips from my strip stash. Then I arranged the vases and greenery on top. The branches were looking rather bare, but I found some pink die cuts that I had stashed away.

All in all, a very satisfying session. I think I am cured from my obsession with that Vases die set, as I could replicate the look with dies I already own.  

Entering this in these nice challenges:

Die Cut Divas: Recycle, re-use, repurpose (2nd entry)

Crafty Gals Corner: #280 AG / Fall foliage optional - I am playing AG

Digi Choosday: 9 week 4 AG 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment