Thursday, September 10, 2026

Lavender's blue, lavender's green

I found some challenges again that called my name. Especially there was a sketch challenge that I wanted to try. To that I wanted to add 'inspired by a song'.

I have slowly collected Japanese stamps and thought this would be a perfect occasion for them. This is what I pulled out:

I had a song in mind, old English folk song "Lavender blue", which is is also a nursery rhyme. Luckily I had a stamp with lavender.

I worked according to the sketch, but turned it sideways. I used grey ink for stamping, I wanted the result to be delicate and dreamy. I stamped the stem of lavender as is, but had to isolate the stems I wanted to use in the oblong Japanese stamps. I selected the Kanji characters 'imagine' and 'beauty' as my text. 

Then I used a large brush and added watercolor in blobs to the stamped flowers.

Entering this in these lovely challenges:

CAS Colours and Sketches: #593 Sketch challenge 

A Place to Start: #202609 AG/ relates to a song - My song is Lavender blue

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Stamp it

Love to Craft:  #94 AG

Polkadoodles: #9 week 1 AG 

 

5 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this creation with us at A Place to Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the sketch! I love the flowers and your watercoloring really add a soft, dreamy look for sure! Thanks for sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great use of the sketch! The addition of the water softens those blooms beautifully. Thanks for sharing over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done! Thanks for taking on this week's challenge at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Create use of the sketch. Thank you for joinin the Polkadoodles challenge .. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs,

    Renske, Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete