Friday, September 11, 2026

Remember Lyra Belacqua?

Lyra is the 11 year old heroine of Philip Pullmans trilogy His Dark Materials. The film is named the Golden Compass. Living in a parallel universe Lyra sets out to rescue children that are held in captivity in the abouts of the North Pole. She has a daemon, a soul animal, that can change shape from ermine to moth to wildcat to a mouse, and who is her constant companion.

This is a story line in a very small nutshell. I set out to make a card that would incorporate all this and also answer to several challenges at the same time. 

I needed stamps, papers and watercolors.

 I started by stamping the background with white ink and the snowfall stamp. I then added blue papers on top and bottom of the sheet. Next I stamped the girl and a mouse, colored them in, then fussy cut them. I punched the stars from gold foil - the color gold a hommage to the name, 'Golden compass'.

As a nod to the scenery, North Pole, I decided this would be a good Christmas greeting to a child, so I stamped the sentiment 'Christmas greetings' and adhered it to the card.

Entering this in these challenges that were my inspiration today:
 
Time Out: #321 The Movies
 
Stamps&fun=Creativity: #501 Metal/ Metall - mein Metall is Gold
 
 
Krafty Chicks: #837 Christmas 
 
A Perfect Time to Craft: #9-2026 open challenge

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very interesting movie, Alice. You did a fantastic job bringing it to life with your scene. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. I love this movie. It's a shame there wasn't a part two. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Alice; you really nailed your inspiration. The background is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scene and cute images. Thanks for sharing over at DAK

    ReplyDelete