Saturday, September 12, 2026

Oh no!

I spotted some challenges that I thought could work well together: a call for jungle animals (and any animals), use a stamp and make it masculine. I recently purchased a tiger stamp (first used here) and it seemed like an appropriate starting point.

As the stamp is rather large and fills a card front by itself, there was little need for any other supplies. I grabbed a feel snippets of design paper and selected some GT watercolors.

I stamped the tiger on a separate piece of card stock as I wanted to raise it. The leaves were stamped onto the base. Then I watercolored everything.

Waiting them to try I cut out a platter and cake shape out of the papers. Lastly I cut the beast in halves and arranged it so that it is upsetting the birthday cake.

 

With this card I am playing in the following challenges:

Little Red Wagon: #875 Use a stamp

Sparkles Monthly: #203 Animals

Simply Clean and Simple: Jungle animals

All About Papercraft: #9 Masculine 

 

Creative Crafting Uncles: #80 AG masculine

Crafts Galore Encore: AG 

8 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Simply Clean & Simple Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun tiger card Alice and your watercolouring is fab! Thank you for joining us this month at All About Papercraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card, I love the idea of the animal upsetting the cake - and doesn't look happy about it, either! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at All About Papercraft challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card for our challenge at Sparkles Monthly, than you for joining us.
    Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great stamp and I love the way you have watercolored it. Just a really fun card. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was für eine unfassbar kreative Art, diesen Stempel zu verwenden. Das Dschungelthema mit der Torte ist einfach zu schön !!! So gut gemacht und die Coloration ist richtig gut. Ich mag wirklich alles an der Karte. Vielen Dank, dass du diesen Monat bei unserer "Masculine" Challenge mitgemacht hast. Sandra vom All About Designteam

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun card, Alice.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” Challenge.
    Good luck and we hope to see you again soon!

    Carole at Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete