Saturday, July 24, 2021

H is for Happy

Yesterday I was playing with my Gelli plate. The background of today's card is a multilayered print. At that point the plate was crusty with dried remnants of several previous colors, yellow, red, blue and even black. Usually I put down white or tan to catch all the crusty bits because they will show well that way, but now I was feeling bold and colorful and put down a magenta. Even did a quick a texture with some bubble wrap. Here's some of that yummy crustiness!

 

I chose the most evenly colored piece for my background which incorporates bits of all the previous colors. Then I added some plain black and white stamped seed pods that I thought would go well with the bubble wrap texture, and some black die cuts and a sentiment. I painted my black matting as I didn't have one on hand, but I think it needed black that would corral all the colors back together.

And my Happy Birthday card was ready.




 

Entering in:

Crafty Chicks: All occasions

HLS: Anything goes with dies challenge

Alphabet Challenge: H is for use Happy in your sentiment

3 comments:

  1. Stunning, simply stunning. Love the background colours, and the leave the image and sentiment black and white - fabulous. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, pretty colors!

    Thank you for playing our All Occasions challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Leanne DT/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most gorgeous background! The black and white elements are perfect against it. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge! Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete