Sunday, July 25, 2021

Poor darling

 This is one of those serendipitous days when a couple of challenges seem to point to the same direction. 

Firstly, I was very inspired by this image of goldfish that Inspiration station has posted. I remembered I owned a goldfish stamp by Paper Source that hasn't really had a chance to play for a while.

I just love those vibrant oranges and yellows.

I decided the fish had to be solitary. When the fish travel in schools like you see on the above photo one doesn't really notice one especially. Only when a fish is separated, put into a jar and left there for everyone to gawk at, then it is exposed. I felt this would express a certain fear of future that we experience when starting something new.

I stamped the fish into the mason jar, washed slightly over everything with diluted Broken China. I then colored it in with oxides and distress inks and added a layer of Glossy accents to make the colors really pop. Lastly I stamped a few water grass onto the bottom of the jar.


The background is a Gelli print from my recent session. I also added some enamel drops and the sentiment that felt very right for this little fellow, but is also motivational for the intended recipient.

click larger

 Entering in:

Inspiration Station: #10 Pet Goldfish

ColorCrazy challenge: Week 28 Anything goes

Get Creative: #103 AG opt. show water

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous stamp your fish is great that you were able to get it out and use it. And boy didn't you do something special with it! Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So creative, thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station! Donna

    ReplyDelete