Monday, July 24, 2023

Woven

 For a while now I have been keeping all my off cuts that come from trimming card bases or papers. Today seemed like a good time to use up all those snippets and scraps. I created a woven background that I inserted into a round opening.

Two black die cuts form the backdrop for the vividly colored rose, which was embossed with clear embossing powder before I colored it in. 



Entering this in the challenges that inspired me today: 

Scrapping4Fun: #225 Birthday

Stamping Sensations: Summer flowers  (2nd entry)

We Love Stamping: Fabulous florals (2nd entry)

Let's Create Challenge: #197 Add flowers (2nd entry)

NBUS Challenge: #52 - This was my first outing for my neon colors.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely bold bloom against the paper weaving, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a dramatic card with that vibrant rose as the focal point. Love your woven background!! Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping and using the theme
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful rose and the paper weaving in the aperture-great use of scraps.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Scrapping4fun
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Alice. Love the use of the off cuts!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Add Flowers Challenge #197 at Let's Craft and Create for July 2023.
    We hope to see you again soon,
    Lou DT xo
    JemLou Productions

    ReplyDelete