Thursday, December 14, 2023

Mixed media for Christmas

 Today I wanted to play with acrylics and metallic flakes. I have a set of mixed metals, gold, silver, brass and bronze. Back when I purchased it, seven years ago, I thought I would just pick my metals, but it is not that easy. These metal flakes are small and have static,, they cling everywhere they are not supposed to. Anyway, I made two backgrounds, a pink and a pale turq.


I was inspired to pull out my old rubber stamps with musical notes. I purchased them as long ago as 2007 from Above the Mark.  I used two die cut snowflakes, a golden one in the back and the one cut from my gold flake card stock in front. I also used a Altenew circles border stencil for the side strips.

Entering this into these lovely challenges that served as my guide and inspiration:

Simon Says Stamp: Use dies in Die-cember

CreativeArtistes Challenge: #100 Anything mixed media goes

Retro Rubber Challenge: #rrcb 221   - I was inspired by the sheets of musicRRCB 221

Shopping Our Stash:  #SOS511 Whatever weather - it is snowy weather!

Atlantic Hearts Challenge: #555 sketch --- I went very literal with the sketch, it was just too beautiful!

5 comments:

  1. Love this make! So many textures and layers! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so many layers and textures, it's stunning and I love that gold circle detail. Thanks for joining us at retro rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Snow is not my favorite weather but on a card it is beautiful!! Gorgeous layers and textures!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Whatever the Weather" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS511

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love the gold circle element, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully classy looking card. A gorgeous colourway, beautiful elements and a fabulous design.
    Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Festive Greetings and good luck x

    ReplyDelete