Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Winter food

 If you live in the far North you may know what a delicacy rose hips are after they have been severely frostbitten. We have had three weeks of below zero temperatures and the rose hips are just perfect now: pick one up and squeeze the sweet pulp right into your mouth and enjoy. You can of course pick a whole bunch and make a marmalade to go with your roast (plant or meat-based).

That is what came to my mind when I read the newest challenge parameters of Festive Friday. I also picked the colors red, brown and white - which also coincided nicely with a color challenge that asked for two more colors, which I then added along with the neutrals kraft and gold.

The image was stamped, the inks were first smooched, then the berries were painted. I added golden twig die cuts.

I was also inspired to take candy cane as inspiration for the backdrop. It is red-and-white twine and little about is to be seen behind the large oval - which I chose as my composition per a sketch challenge.

Entering this into these inspiring challenges:

Festive Friday: #FFO149 - I picked all three colors and Candy cane

My Favorite Things: CC 225

 

Just Add Ink: #682 sketch 

 

Thank you for your visit! 

1 comment:

  1. You card is amazing. The colours are so pretty. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge,

    ReplyDelete