Monday, December 25, 2023

Wishing you happiness

 I am very fond of British nature themed stamps; they are simply beautiful and create a serene look that looks almost like a vintage copperplate.

Today I grabbed two, the birds are by Crafty Individuals and the berries by PaperArtsy. A few challenges were calling my name and I hoped to combine them in one card. 


I picked my favorite colors, or rather color combination for this time of year which is baby blue with dark, brownish red. I made a gelli print and embossed it with leaves. I stamped the birds in brown Versamark ink, cut the panels out and inked the edges. I used the same ink for the rose hip stamp, embossed it with clear embossing powder and fussy cut it, then colored it in with pencils and markers.


I am entering this into these challenges:

Triple B: December challenge I liked the stark black and white feel of this inspiration photo. I just could not fit in a butterfly this time!

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: AG floral or Moodboard - I was very inspired by the winter imagery, especially the rose hips spoke to me. These colors have a beautiful vintage vibe, too. - I am now unsure whether I should have added a flower as it was not in the images. But then I think: the rose hip was a beautiful flower and became a fruit afterwards. So perhaps it counts?

Stamping Sensations: Favourite colors - baby blue with dark red as counterpoint

Let's Craft and Create: #202 AG+ vintage feel

7 comments:

  1. WOW this is FABULOUS! What a unique design ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card,love the embossed background and fabulous stamps.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I agree, the vintage style images are lovely. The mood board is optional and used for color. The challenge requires a floral, however your card is gorgeous! I trust you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and supporting us.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    BB DT
    BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is beautiful, Alice. I also have this set, but have never thought to use it in this way. Stunning! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card really stunning and I like the many details!!! Gundi x
    DotMCC
    Dream Factory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage style card - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete