Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A fairy in a tea cup

Today I leaped way out of my comfort zone. I tackled a completely circular card, added washi tape, made it feminine and still tried to keep it CAS. 

These were the supplies I picked out for these prompts. A stamp of a fairy in a bubble bath (a charity shop find so I have no idea of the maker, sorry), my largest circular dies and washi tapes. Later I added a few more tapes, white chalk paint, a few markers and a length of gold thread. I did not use the postage style washi at all. Maybe for another project!

 

I started by cutting two circles. I then scored roughly 1,5cm/ 1/2" from the top of one and glued this piece behind the full circle. This creates a fully functional round card. (I took the photo of the finished card in front of the mirror so you can see the construction of the back. ) I then stamped the fairy and colored her in with markers. 

Then I went 'back to basics' as one prompt urged to do. I tore several strips of washi tape and glued them on the left side on top of each other. I painted partially over them with white chalk paint and let it dry. When it was dry I glued one more strip, this time paper lace, horizontally, creating a plane for the tea cup to sit on. I thought the gold thread would be a fitting addition.

 Everybody's 'basic' is different I suppose. For me I went back to the time about 5 to 10 years ago when this arrangement and style was all the rage.


I am entering this in the  challenges that were my source of inspiration:

Papercraft Challenges: #133 Back to Basics

CAS on Sunday: #341 Make a round card

Moving Along with the Times: #192 Feminine

Girlz Rebel Challenge: #55 Washi tape

Classic Design Challenge: AG w/ a twist of Die cuts. I am playing AG 

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I love teacups!! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this card with us at Moving Along w/ Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that dainty scalloped circle die!! Pretty porcelain tea cup bath tub...lucky little fairy!! You nailed our clean and simple challenge to make a round card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday.
    Deb Horst, DT #341

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

    ReplyDelete