Today's card make is a birthday card. I recently won some digital stamps (from Mo's Digital Pencil) and have been looking for suitable inspiration. Which came today in the form of 'birthday'.
The first supplies were remnants strips. I finally wanted to use up the pile (but did not succeed quite yet...)
Then I selected one of the circles and pulled out other supplies: an embossing folder, the birthday boy digital stamp print-out, markers and some text.
I embossed the background, colored in the image and fussy cut it, then stamped the birthday greetings and selected a rather ungracious greeting from the envelope of other, just as ungracious texts. Imagine this spoken out in posh English... the translation is in the header. I think his face says it all.
Entering this in these lovely challenges that were my source of inspiration today:
Allsorts: #856 Embossing, dry or heat - I used dry embossing
Seize the Birthday: #332 Funny, pun-ny
Addicted to Stamps and More: #523 Birthdays
Digi Choosday: #8 week 3, AG
Snippets Playground: #539 AG w/ snippets






You might have half a comment from me, disappeared? Was saying how effective that circle is with the offcuts and the embossed panel perfect for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining us.
ReplyDeleteB x
Great layout, fun sentiment and a super embossing folder. What's not to love? Your snippets circle is fab.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the paddling pool later.
Love how you've used the strips in this card. Great design, Alice. Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!
ReplyDeleteClever way of using offcuts, I am plagued by mountain of the stuff... The character and sentiment is hilarious and so true when you reached a certain age. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and using our theme.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card, and I'm starting to know how he feels lol! I love how creative you have been with the leftovers, and the embossed background is great.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Great use of snippets there - brilliant card. Looks as if you fussy cut the 'happy chappy' - well done indeed.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
I need to use my snippets up and didnt think of this way of using them. A fab male card and great sentiment. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts.
ReplyDeleteI love your creative and fun card! The look on his face reminds me of the dog on my card:) Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday:)
ReplyDeleteI actually think I know that guy. Such a funny look on his face and a great card. Good use of remnant that are laying on your desk. I am so happy that you joined us at Seize of the Birthday.
ReplyDelete