My firm belief is that gardening teaches you to believe in yourself and your abilities. Sure something might go wrong, and frequently does, but that's how you learn. Learn to water more, or water less, give some plants a richer soil and poorer for some. Learn which plants thrive next to each other and which ones waste away.
Well, enough said I think. There are several challenges that offer a garden related theme, and as I needed an encouragement card for someone, I found this an excellent opportunity to give my gardening stamps an outing.
Gingham makes a gardening scene look so wholesome, don't you think? I figured I could make a gingham with my diagonal strip stamps. I used a shimmery pink ink for that. After that I die cut the background using one of the whimsical rectangle dies.
I then stamped and die cut the flower pots and the watering can and placed them roughly where they should be. I stamped the flowers so that they would sit just underneath the pot rims and then attached the pots with foam tape. Lastly I gave the flowers big blotches of ink (oxide), just to break the orderliness created by the other elements. The sentiment is from a TH sentiment pad.
Entering this in these inspiring challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: H is for Horticulture
Simply Clean and Simple: #scas August AG, optional Nature - I am playing with this option
Just Add Ink: #792 Choose Two (or more) - I chose gingham and flowers
Inkspirational: #374 Word prompt: Garden
Ellibelle's Garden Challenge: #18 Anything in or from a garden




No comments:
Post a Comment