The ultimate summer flowers for me are poppies. But since they wither fast, it is safer to give them as a card.
I have so many poppy stamps to prove my poppy addiction; today my selection fell on these supplies, a stamp set with lovely large poppies, a gifted gelli printed background and sentiments and their frames.
I started by cutting the gelli print to size. I preserved the woman's face, thinking it might peek behind the flowers. But in the end it was covered to an extent that it is unrecognizable only if you know what to look for. I then stamped the poppies and colored them in with markers, then fussy cut them.
I arranged them on the background, raising the flowers with foam pads, but glueing the stems down. Then I stamped the label, fussy cut it and stamped the sentiment on it. It reads 'Best wishes for your birthday'.
Entering this in these challenges that inspired me today:
We Love Stamping: Summer Blooms
Beautiful Blossoms: #44 AG floral/ photo inspiration optional. I was inspired by the photo
Triple B: TB August/ moodboard optional
Passion For Markers: #851 Floral Vibes
Hand Stamped Sentiments: #495 AG/ moodboard optional - I was inspired by the combination of red yellow, green in this moodboard
Creative Inspirations: August AG






They are my favourite glowers as well so your beautiful Poppy card very much appeals, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.
ReplyDeleteB x
These poppies are just stunning and your colouring is awesome! They really pop against the background too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poppies and so very vibrant colours. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine
ReplyDeleteI have a poppy stamp addiction too! These are so very beautiful and your use of them has resulted in a vibrant and striking card. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.
ReplyDeleteWow, these flowers are stunningly beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Triple B Co-Owner
Those are gorgeous poppies and you've colored them beautifully, not to mention the gorgeous Gelli print background. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope you'll join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
WOW you coloured the poppies so well. They are beauties against your background xxx
ReplyDeleteThat's a stunning card. Thank you very much for sharing at We Love Stamping. Sarah
ReplyDeleteGorgeous red flowers! Really vibrant! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!
ReplyDeleteFunnily I saw the face on the thumbnail before following the link but then i see faces in everything, love your gelli background from which the beautiful poppies really stand out. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping and our summer blooms theme
ReplyDeleteStunning card Alice, fabulous colouring.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge.
This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the background and those bright poppies. ❤️ Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope you will share another beautiful card in the next challenge.
ReplyDelete