Monday, August 17, 2026

Remember

 Today I took my inspiration from a sketch, a tic-tac-toe and challenges with prompts. I don't often make vintage-inspired cards, but today was the day.

It all clicked together when I found this stash of design paper with fades and color runs and delicate handwriting. That reminded me of my stash of floral rub-ons from Japan that I have wanted to use. Add to that some shape dies and gems (not in the photo), and the card was taking shape in my mind.

 

I cut two hexagons and mounted them onto the background paper. I then selected a branch with flowers and rubbed it on. A butterfly was added as were three stratetigally placed gems. The sentiment is a strip that has hung in my stash since a decade - finally I found a good place for it!

 

Entering this in these challenges that inspired me today:

Time Out: #319 Pick 2 - My choices were geometric, stitching and floral

 

TGIF: #590 Sketch challenge

 

Little Red Wagon: #871 "We didn't start the fire" - I chose to go with 'history'

Tic-Tac-Toe: #tttc299 My choice is the diagonal: insects -gems-free

 

Kreativ-Tanten: #116 Alles geht / Anything goes 

A Place To Start: #260608 AG / no rectangles optional - I am playing with AG (2nd entry) 

 

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic card with that gorgeous background. A great idea to add that butterfly and the gems to decorate. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to use up so many things from your stash for this sweet vintage card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tic Tac Toe challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! Such a pretty vintage card! The layering of your various elements is gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon for our "We Didn't Start the Fire" challenge this week!

    Kate

    http://www.smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/">Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Alice! Love how you used the octagons from our TGIF sketch challenge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design and gorgeous papers. THank you for playing with us at Time Out. For future reference, our "how to play" guidelines state that projects can be linked to a total of 5challenges including ours for the win. We'd love to see you in the gallery. You can review the rules on the Time Out Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete