Monday, August 31, 2026

Three - five - eight

 Three colors, five presents, eight twinkles are on my card today. I was inspired to make a Christmas card again. 

These are the supplies I needed. One challenge asks for alcohol inks, but lacking those, I am going to use my alcohol markers on yupo paper. The results are very much the same. I have also used photo paper with good results.



 

I started by treating  a sheet of yupo with green and blue markers. I wanted three distinct colors with as little overlap as possible. I then backed my sheet with regular paper and cut the gifts and their bows.

 

I mounted them in a formation inspired by a sketch (see below), stamped and heat embossed the sentiment ("Merry Christmas") and attached it. Lastly I added the red twinkies. 

Sorry about the photo! The mornings are not as bright as in summer. What's dark blue now looks black... I might re-shoot this.

Entering this in the challenges that were y inspiration today:

Freshly Made Sketches: #751 

 

Aud Sentiments Challenge: #340 Alcohol inks and/or Summer + a Sentiment

Passion For Markers: #852 Ribbons and/or bows 

Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #187 Clean and simple

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lots of layers 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment