I was still in the mood for holiday cards and had set out to create some without snow when I noticed a challenge for on/ under the sea. Wait - could I make that prompt work for a Christmas card? I remembered my trusty Santa stamp where he is traveling in space, yes, I think so.
Out came the supplies: the Santa stamp set, some stamped sea life images (thank you Julia!), inks, silver thread and gauze. Later I added the sentiment ho-ho-ho from another stamp set as well as some markers and two more fish from another set.
I worked first with the background, smooshing it with inks. Then I stamped and cut out Santa and colored him. I placed the fish and the seaweed, then found that one fish was not enough and stamped the other two directly onto the card. The gauze was wrapped with silver thread. I placed the sentiment over it.
I hope the young man who is going to receive it will find it suitable ( he practices diving) and perhaps even funny.
Entering this in these challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge: On / under the sea
Peace on Earth Christmas: #118 AG
52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Christmas without snow
Creative Crafters: #103 AG
Jingle Belles: Masculine Merriment





Such a beautiful card! Your festive design is a wonderful take on the Christmas without snow theme. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at the 52 CCT Challenge!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love to *SEA* this clever and adorable card; that oceany background is especially awesome! So happy you could join in our Masculine Merriment fun at Jingle Belles!
ReplyDeletelove the texture of the fishing net in your underwater holiday scene ... so very glad you joined us for some Masculine Merriment at Jingle Belles.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is probably the cutest holiday card I have ever seen! Too adorable and I'm sure it will be loved! Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteDebbie, DT
Secrets to Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!